Update a User's security information.
Public Function UserPassword(ByVal SessionID As String, _
ByVal UserID As Integer,
ByVal CurrentRecoveryAnswer As String,
ByVal Password As String, _
String - GUID
- The current session's GUID in string format. This is a 32-character
hexidecimal string in the format:
This is the value returned by the Login() function.
- A numeric value used to represent a specific user on the system.
- CurrentRecoveryAnswer [depricated]
The current RecoveryAnswer, required to match in order to
process Password change. To be left blank.
- A "strong" password with a minimum length of 8 and maximum length
- A user defined question used to restore lost password or to activate an
account with too many failed logins.
- A user defined answer to the RecoveryQuestion, used to restore lost
password or to activate an account with too many failed logins.
- True if successful, false on failure.
By default, passwords expire every 180 days. This counter is reset whenever
the password is changed.
If CurrentRecoveryAnswer does not match the one in they system, the method
will fail. This API
requires the logged in user to have administrative control over the user being
updated. The CurrentRecoveryAnswer is not processed in this case. A future API
will allow the password to be reset w/o being logged in, requiring a matching
Loren Data requires strong passwords that include at least one uppercase, one
lowercase, one number and one special character. For example This1IsGood!
[insert code sample]
& Authorization Levels
|© 2008-2011, Loren Data Corp.
|ECGrid is a registered service
mark of Loren Data Corp.
ECGridOS is a service mark of Loren Data